Community Development / Planning Department
The Community Development and Planning Department is responsible for:
- Economic development initiatives
- Administering and enforcing various sections of the City Code including the zoning code, subdivision ordinance, and sign regulations
- Reviewing and managing development proposals, zoning cases, subdivision plats, site plan review, ordinance amendments, conditional use permits, interim use permits, and variances
- Code enforcement
- Preparation and implementation of the city’s comprehensive plan
- Administering and monitoring various state and federal grant applications
- Addressing and mapping
- Responding to information requests from residents, local business owners, and developers
- Administering housing and redevelopment programs
- Providing professional advice, technical expertise and information support to other city departments, City Council, and committees
- Providing staff support for the City Council, Economic Development Authority, Planning Commission, Urban Affairs Committee, and other committees
Fischer Sand and Gravel 2016 AUAR
Fischer Sand and Aggregate, LLP Updated AUAR and Mitigation Plan – Please note that this program works best in Chrome or Firefox
Public nuisances are conditions have detrimental effects on the general health, safety, and welfare of the public. Read on...
Updating exterior features can add curb appeal and increase the value of your home. Exterior improvements can be recouped through resale by as much as 90% or more. Read on...
To maintain the aesthetic quality of the community, city ordinance prohibits the outdoor storage of abandoned and junk vehicles on private property. Abandoned and junk vehicles should be stored in an enclosed garage or storage building. Read on...