General Business Licenses
The State of Minnesota, not the city, is responsible for new business licenses and registrations. The Office of the Secretary of State files and records original and amendment documents for all business, nonprofit, foreign, banking, insurance, and professional corporations, cooperatives, limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships, and limited liability companies formed or doing business in this state. It also records trademark and assumed business names.

City Licensed Business Activities
The city does not issue general business licenses but does license certain business activities such as alcoholic beverage sales, pawn brokers, precious metal dealers, vending carts, etc. Contact City Hall for information on licensing a specific activity by calling (952) 953-2500.

Service Providers / Individuals Licensed by the City
Licensed Trash Haulers
Licensed Tree Contractors

Contact the Police Department with questions regarding Rental Property Registration.