- Recruitment and hiring
- Collective bargaining
- Safety and health programs
- Policy development
- Legal compliance and reporting
- Organizational development
- Benefits, compensation, and job classification
The City of Apple Valley accepts applications for positions currently open and available. Vacancies are posted on the current opportunities page as needed. Complete a job interest card to receive notification when a job opening is posted in your area of interest.
Make a difference in your community when you volunteer for the City. Contact the Volunteer Engagement Manager or visit the Volunteering page for more information.
Most City employees are covered by the policies in the Personnel Policy Manual, except as otherwise stated or the extent to which a policy is superseded by a specific provision of a collective bargaining agreement. The policies clarify organizational expectations, support compliance with laws and regulations, and provide a uniform and equitable system of personnel administration for employees.
Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs)
Some City employees are represented by a union and covered by a collective bargaining agreement:
- Agreement with AFSCME Local No. 479 representing Maintenance employees
- Agreement with LELS Local No. 71 representing Police Officers
- Agreement with LELS Local No. 243 representing Police Sergeants